Niswonger AP Teachers Resources
Next Steps for AP Teachers
- Complete Niswonger AP Teacher training course
- Receive Niswonger credentials
- Gain access to your Canvas courses
- Complete course opening checklist
Spring semester 2022 enrollment will begin in November. Keep watching here for more information closer to the date!
For helpful videos, click the button below.
Roles and responsibilities of a Niswonger Online teacher
In keeping with our expectations of providing a great experience to students, these are the standards that we have for our teachers.
- Provide support, encouragement, and assistance to the assigned online learners.
- Hold the proper endorsement and certification that correlates with the online course.
- Provide Tennessee Teacher’s License Number or copy of current license.
- Record an introductory/welcome video to insert at the beginning of the course.
- Schedule (and post on your home page) a minimum of three hours of virtual office time per week that students are guaranteed access to you by email, chat, text, or phone.
- Answer all email concerns, questions, and inquiries from students within 24 hours.
- Post grades for all assignments, projects, and papers within 7 days of submission.
- Contact all students at least once a week, with weekly updates, grades, or announcements to encourage participation.
- Post a pacing guide with due dates for each section/unit of your course. When multiple teachers are teaching the same course, teachers will collaborate to have the same pacing guide.
- Make concerted efforts to re-engage students who are not logging in or successfully completing assignments.
- Understand and enforce Niswonger Online Plagiarism policy.
- Provide all needed reports/information to Niswonger Administration when requested.
Fall 2021 Semester AP classes with pre-requisites.
Additional classes will be added for Spring 2022 and will be found here.
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- Pre-Calculus or Trigonometry/Analytical Geometry
- Algebra 1
- Two years of high school science with labs