Next Steps for AP Teachers
For more helpful videos, click the button below.
Roles and responsibilities of a Niswonger Online teacher
In keeping with our expectations of providing a great experience to students, these are the standards that we have for our teachers.
- Provide support, encouragement, and assistance to the assigned online learners.
- Provide feedback to students that will enable them to improve and be successful within the course and on the AP exam.
- Collaborate with the lead teacher and other teachers in your subject area to improve the course.
- Hold the proper endorsement and certification that correlates with the online course.
- Provide Tennessee Teacher’s License Number or copy of current license.
- Create a Niswonger College Board account and AP Classroom.
- Record an introductory/welcome video to insert at the beginning of the course.
- Schedule (and post on your home page) a minimum of three hours of virtual office time per week that students are guaranteed access to you by email, chat, text, or phone.
- Answer all email concerns, questions, and inquiries from students within 24 hours.
- Post grades for all assignments, projects, and papers within 7 days of submission.
- Contact all students at least once a week, with weekly updates, grades, or announcements to encourage participation.
- Post a pacing guide with due dates for each section/unit of your course. When multiple teachers are teaching the same course, teachers will collaborate to have the same pacing guide.
- Make concerted efforts to re-engage students who are not logging in or successfully completing assignments.
- Understand and enforce Niswonger Online Plagiarism policy.
- Provide all needed reports/information to Niswonger Administration when requested.
- Active AP Coordinators cannot be an AP teacher due to conflict of interest.
Fall 2023 Semester AP classes and requirements:
Find Helpful Videos & Tips on the AP Access for ALL YouTube Channel: