In partnership with the Tennessee Department of Education, the Niswonger Foundation’s AP Access for ALL (APAA) program serves over 90% of all public high schools in Tennessee. In addition to offering fully online AP Courses and training opportunities for both classroom and online teachers, the APAA program also offers mini-grants to support AP offerings within the classroom.
APAA Mini-Grant Guidelines and Information
- Teachers must teach at a public high school in the state of Tennessee that is partnered with the AP Access for ALL program.
- Only one grant will be awarded per teacher.
- All materials are property of the school system and will not transfer with the teacher if employment change.
- Mini-grant requests should not exceed $500. All shipping costs must be calculated within this amount.
- All proposals will be sent through a review committee and an email response will be given within 60 days of submission.
- Awardees must respond to the email within 15 days to accept the award or funding could be lost.
- Teachers who are awarded an APAA Mini-Grant will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this email address to your contact list so all communications are received.
- Once the Mini-Grant is accepted by the awarded teacher, a check will be mailed to the high school within 15 days.
- Submissions for the APAA Mini-Grant will be accepted between Nov 10, 2022 and March 31, 2023.
- The application will be closed on midnight CST of March 31, 2023 or at the time that all funds for this year are awarded.
- All committee reviews will be completed by April 14, 2023. All checks will be mailed to schools by May 1, 2023.
Media Reporting Requirements & Follow Up Grant Surveys
Grant recipients will be asked to email a photo and small write-up on the grant and how it will benefit their students. This photo and write-up will be due by May 31, 2023.
Photo submissions should NOT include student faces unless written consent was given by the parent/guardian.
Photo and quote will be shared with partnering schools and the TDOE through newsletters, impact reports, and social media.
Grant recipients must complete short semi-annual and annual surveys sharing the successes of the goods/services purchased and identifying the approximate number of students and teachers impacted.
Semi-Annual APAA Mini Grant Survey due – Dec 15, 2023
- Annual APAA Mini Grant Survey Due – May 11, 2024
- Reminder emails for all reporting pictures and surveys will be sent out to awardees.
Teachers that fail to meet the required reporting above will not be eligible
for future APAA Grants.
If you are interested in going forward with this process, please fill out the form below.
Submissions will be accepted between November 10, 2022 and March 31, 2023 only.